Our office and the vessels are certified in accordance with the ISM code issued by IMO. This means that we have developed, implemented and are continuously maintaining written procedures relating to safety and environmental protection. Those procedures have been approved and certified by Lloyd´s register and the Finnish Maritime Administration.
Additionally both the office and the shipboard routines are certified by Lloyd’s Register in accordance with the international ISO 14001 environmental management standard.
We aim to
- create and follow routines for a safe and environmentally friendly shipping in accordance with international, national and local rules and regulations
- continuously improve the knowledge regarding safety and environment of the company management and the employees
- constantly improve the safety and environmental system and in addition prevent accidents and pollution
- develop and follow up the short term and the long term environmental goals
- reduce the air pollution from our vessels
Read our full safety and environmental policy below.
All our vessels are classed by DNV GL and they fulfil all rules and regulations regarding protection of the environment.
The two newbuildings Misana and Misida are each equipped with two Wärtsilä 46F main engines for increased safety and bunker optimization at different speeds. The main engines are supplied with common rail fuel injection and wetpac NOx reduction technology. All fuel tanks are protected by double hull and the vessels have a high efficiency Marinfloc bilge water cleaning system. Misana and Misida fulfil Gemanischer Lloyds requirements for class sign "Environmental passport" and "Ballast water management".